Keep maintaining and tracking your success
Once you have launched your app, you can’t just sit around and harvest the fruits of your labor. An app is like an organism that has to be continuously maintained to thrive.
Some tasks to keep in mind are:
- Analyze bug reports and update your app accordingly for a bug-free experience
- Stay informed about new operating system (OS) releases from Google and Apple and add the latest relevant functionality from every OS release.
- Keep marketing your app by sending out email campaigns and optimizing keywords based on market research for optimal store visibility.
- Spread the word on social media, for example having competitions, releasing news, etc.
- Monitor your competitors and implement new features to stay competitive
Be Aware of Yearly Mobile OS Releases
Keep an eye on new OS releases. Both Google and Apple usually release their new OS generation every year in the fall, but with beta versions for developers available in the summer. They often have old functionalities being phased out and new ones introduced.
It’s important to stay on top of it, so your app is not suddenly filled with bugs or left behind in the dust by not using the latest relevant feature(s).
Do Your Market Research Continuously
Also, stay on top of market research to optimize your marketing spend. There are some great market research tools out there with valuable in-depth information. They provide the most recent information on which markets has the largest growth, competitors marketing strategy and much more.
Check out SimilarWeb and Flurry, both offer free plans, and the more information-rich SensorTower and AppAnnie, both offer paid options.
Use the right strategy for user engagement
Getting a successful app is not just having an app that works flawlessly and gives the user a good experience.
The average mobile app retention is around 20% in the first 90 days, so you shouldn’t neglect current users. There are various ways to keep your users active and happy. To learn what to focus on you should read our article how to optimize your app’s user engagement.